CFTC v. Robert Stanley Harrison, Case No. 8:13-cv-00327-GRA (D.S.C.). On February 11, 2013, the CFTC announced that the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina froze the assets of Robert Stanley Harrison. The CFTC charged Harrison with fraudulently soliciting investments in the Investors Choice Advisors LLC commodity pool. Harrison allegedly guaranteed the investments had no risk and would generate 100 percent profits within 60 to 90 days. Harrison also created fake documents reflecting purported profits. In addition, Harrison took investor money for himself and did not register as a Commodity Pool Operator. The CFTC seeks injunctive relief, registration and trading bans, restitution to defrauded investors, disgorgement, and a civil monetary penalty in addition to the emergency relief already obtained.
- SEC Charges Microsoft Manager Brian Jorgenson and his Friend Sean Stokke with Insider Trading
- SEC Obtains Emergency Relief against Robert Helms and Janniece Kaelin in Alleged Ponzi Scheme
- SEC Charges Fifth Third Bancorp and its Former CFO Daniel Poston with Fraud for Accounting Practices during the Financial Crisis
- SEC Settles Insider Trading Case against Charles Langston III
- SEC Settles Penny Stock Case Against Curt Kramer for $1.4 Million
Other BraunHagey Blogs