A propos of my appearance on Bloomberg West TV, the SEC announced yesterday that companies may use social media for company announcements if investors are advised about which social media outlets will be used to convey the information. The SEC’s press release is here. Public companies have been wondering when the SEC would catch up with current trends and now the wait is over.
- SEC Charges Microsoft Manager Brian Jorgenson and his Friend Sean Stokke with Insider Trading
- SEC Obtains Emergency Relief against Robert Helms and Janniece Kaelin in Alleged Ponzi Scheme
- SEC Charges Fifth Third Bancorp and its Former CFO Daniel Poston with Fraud for Accounting Practices during the Financial Crisis
- SEC Settles Insider Trading Case against Charles Langston III
- SEC Settles Penny Stock Case Against Curt Kramer for $1.4 Million
Other BraunHagey Blogs